Please note the following limitations to your cabin baggage:
- 1 (one) standard-sized bag - maximum size of the bag must not exceed 56 x 45 x 25cm (22 x 17.5 x 9.85in) including wheels, pockets and handles
- 1 (one) laptop sized bag, handbag or briefcase - maximum size of the bag must not exceed 45 x 36 x 20cm (17.7 x 14 x 7.9in) including wheels, pockets and handles.
Note: Maximum weight per bag is up to 12kg (26lbs). Passengers must be able to lift the bag into the overhead lockers in the aircraft cabin unaided.
Free checked baggage allowance for
Adults and children aged 2 years and older:
- 3 bags in Biz Bed, 2 bags in Prem Plus and 1 bag in Eco (2 Bags in Eco Y class)
- Maximum dimensions per bag: 190cm x 75cm x 65cm (75in x 29.5in x 25.5in), including the handle, pockets and wheels.
- Maximum weight per bag: 23kg (51lbs)
- Plus one fully collapsible stroller and one car seat (only for children aged 2 years and older).
Infants under 2 years (not occupying a seat):
- one bag
- Maximum dimensions per bag : 190cm x 75cm x 65cm (75in x 29.5in x 25.5in), including the handle, pockets and wheels.
- Maximum weight per bag: 23kg (51lbs)
- Plus one fully collapsible stroller and one car seat
OpenSkies through checks baggage and passengers with American Airlines, British Airways and Iberia.
Overweight Baggage Fee
For any bag you are checking in that is heavier than the free weight allowance of 23kg (51lb), you may need to pay an overweight baggage charge. Overweight baggage charges are payable at check-in. Click here to view the overweight baggage fees.
This charge is to cover the additional handling that bags weighing over 23 kg (51 lbs) require.
- Biz Bed passengers
- Gold and Silver Executive Club members
- Advantage Platinum Plus members
- Iberia Plus Platinum members
- Mobility aids for passengers with a disability
- Essential medical equipment
Please note that we cannot accept a bag heavier than 32 kg (70 lbs).
Excess Baggage Fee
Additional bags may be subject to aircraft available space.
Any items over your free checked allowance will be charged as excess baggage. Click here to see the baggage fees.
All items must be within the dimensions of 190cm x 75cm x 65cm (75in x 29.5in x 25.5in), including the handle, pockets and wheels.
Maximum of 10 extra bags per passenger, no extra bag permitted for an infant.
Printer cartridges and toner cartridges, weighing 16 ounces (453 grams) or greater, are not permitted to be carried on board any aircraft going to the United States, either in cabin baggage or checked baggage.
There is no additional allowance for sporting equipment but it can still be carried free of charge as part of your free checked baggage allowance. If it is in addition to your free checked allowance, you will need to pay extra bag charges.
- Bicycle pedals must be removed (or fixed inwards).
- Handlebars must be fixed sideways.
- The bicycle must be contained in a protective box or bag.
- You may wish to deflate the tires to reduce risk of damage.
Accepted travel cases: Recognized kit bag.
Equipment accepted: One scuba regulator, tank harness, tank pressure gauge, face mask, fins (pair), buoyancy control device (BCD), snorkel, weight belt and cylinder tank. (Subject to maximum baggage weight).
Please note: Cylinders must be empty for carriage.
1. Pressure sensitive devices may need special packaging. Please refer to manufacturer for advice
2. Spear guns must be unloaded with spear packed separately
Accepted travel cases: Standard team kit bags not exceeding maximum baggage dimensions.
Equipment accepted: Sticks, balls and pads in one equipment bag.
Accepted travel cases: Recognized golf cases.
Equipment accepted: One bag containing 14 clubs, 12 balls, umbrella and golf shoes.
The majority of golf bags comply with maximum dimensions, although all golf bags will be accepted.
Accepted travel cases: Recognized ice hockey kit or team bag.
Equipment accepted: Team kit including sticks.
The majority of sticks comply with maximum dimensions, although all sticks will be accepted.
Accepted travel cases: Recognized team or kit bags.
Equipment accepted: Lacrosse sticks in one equipment bag.
Accepted travel cases: Approved gun carriage case.
Equipment accepted: One approved sporting gun carriage case and contents.
Preparing sporting guns for travel:
- The gun must be unloaded.
- If possible the gun should be dismantled.
- Ammunition must be for sporting purposes.
- The weight of the ammunition must not exceed 5kg (11lbs) per passenger - sharing the weight allowance between passengers is not allowed.
- Ammunition must be securely boxed and preferably packed inside the travel case.
- Baggage containing ammunition must not bear 'explosives' labels.
- You must notify us about the carriage of guns at least 24 hours before travel.
All handguns are restricted under French law and can only be carried with prior permission. You are responsible for ensuring you have all the required documentation and licenses for your weapons and ammunition. This may include export/import licenses and authorization from local and national authorities for the items to be carried. Personal protection handguns are classified as restricted articles and we are unable to carry these.
Accepted travel cases: Recognized ski or snowboard bags.
- One pair of skis, poles and boots or
- One snowboard and boots.
The majority of skis comply with maximum dimensions, although all skis will be accepted.
Ten Pin Bowling
Accepted travel cases: Must be non-rolling carry case.
Equipment accepted: Bowling case with bowling balls and shoes.
Accepted travel cases: Standard single or multiple racket kit bags.
Equipment accepted: Rackets and balls.
All other sporting items
The following items should not be packed in sporting travel cases:
- sport clothes
- sports holdalls and bags
- smaller items or accessories such as football shin-pads
We will accept these as part of your checked baggage allowance.
Due to the large size and handling complexities, some sporting equipment cannot be accommodated through the airport baggage system or within the aircraft hold. Therefore we no longer accept the following equipment at check-in as part of your sporting equipment allowance.
Sporting equipment we do not carry:
- hang gliders
- windsurfing boards and sails
- kayaks, canoes and oars
- pole vaults
Please contact your local freight company to arrange carriage for any items that exceed the permitted weight and size.